Green Patties Weaning Recipe
Packed full of healthy goodies like Spinach, Brocolli and fresh Coriander, these Green Patties are simple, quick to make and delicious! Give it a go today.
Handful of Spinach
2 florets of Broccoli
Half a handful of Fresh Coriander (optional)
2 tbsp Pesto (or grated cheese)
4 heaped tbsp Flour of choice
2 tbsp Olive oil
¼ cup veg stock / bone broth or water
1. Very finely chop the broccoli and spinach.
2. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a good non stick frying pan and add the spinach and broccoli with the water or stock and sauté for 2 minutes until the broccoli is soft.
3. Take off the heat and put into a blender. Add the egg, flour, coriander and pesto and blend until a thick smooth texture.
4. Using the same pan add 1 tbsp olive oil and heat on a medium heat. Spoon in one tablespoon at a time of the mixture (this will make 6-7 patties) and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Repeat until you use all the mixture up.
5. Try serving with some sweet potato wedges and hummus!