What is PayPal?
PayPal is an alternative method of payment to simply purchasing with a credit or debit card. You register your credit card or bank account details with PayPal, your details are held with them and you shop with us as normal.
How do I shop with Mothercare using PayPal?
- Find and select the items you would like to purchase and add them to your basket.
- Proceed through the checkout and select ‘Pay with PayPal’ on the 'billing & payment' section.
- Log in to your PayPal account, confirm the details and select ‘Pay Now’.
- You will then be redirected back to the Mothercare website for your order confirmation.
Do I need to have a credit or debit card to pay with PayPal?
You can pay with money held in your PayPal account balance or use another payment method such as a credit card, debit card or your bank account.
What if I have paid via PayPal and want to return an item for a refund to Mothercare?
Please contact us on 0344 875 5222 or simply follow the returns procedure explained on the 'returns and exchanges' page and we’ll process the refund into your PayPal account. Your refund must be processed through Mothercare rather than PayPal directly.
What if I have paid via PayPal and want to return an item to a Mothercare store?
Take the items you want to have refunded or replaced with proof of purchase (you can show your order confirmation or dispatch email) to the store. You will need to provide the store with a credit or debit card with the same name as the shown on your proof of purchase and a Photo ID such as your passport.
My order has been cancelled but the transaction is still showing as 'Pending' on my PayPal Account
Use the ‘Contact Us’ link to email us, please provide the following information:
- Your PayPal email address, this maybe different to the one you have registered with us on your Mothercare account.
- The date that you attempted to purchase with us.
- The amount of the pending transaction in your PayPal account, please list each individual attempt separately, e.g. £14.99 x 2
- The individual transaction reference ID in your PayPal account
Providing we do not have a Mothercare order ‘in progress’ relating to this transaction, we will arrange to release any funds being ‘reserved’ back to you.
I paid for my Mothercare order via PayPal but there is a problem with my order, who should I contact?
Please use the 'Contact Us' link on our website and one of our dedicated customer service advisors will contact you to resolve your query.