and cot bed safety
We all know that lulling your baby to sleep isn't the easiest of tasks, so the last thing you need is for their cot to put up a fight too. Luckily, dropside cots and cot beds can make bedding little ones down less of a Herculean task. That said, we know that safety comes above everything else. Here’s all the need-to-knows to help your baby sleep, well, like a baby.
Safety starts with getting this bit right, so here are our golden rules:
- follow the user guide to the letter (and number, and funny drawing...).
- use only what’s supplied by the maker.
- put the cot on a level, stable surface.
- check that the fittings are tight and the drop side works smoothly.
- use a well-fitting cot mattress (it should be snug but not squashed in).
- use bedding that doesn’t get in the way of the moving drop side.
worth a thought
It might feel a bit soon to be thinking about a brother or sister for your baby, but it doesn’t hurt to plan for the future. That means making sure you can use your dropside cot again.
When you’ve taken the cot apart, store it flat. Keep the fittings and user guide together in a sealed bag and give every part a good once-over before it's used for another little one.