If you're short on space or often on the move, lightweight folding or compact highchairs are your new best friend. Many have an easy-to-fold mechanism, so you can save time packing away after each meal and stow it in the car in seconds. These highchairs are great value for money and many have a padded cushion option for extra comfort.
room to grow
For a highchair that will last from your baby's first meal right up to their first day at school, convertible highchairs are your best bet. Designed to magically transform from a highchair into a toddler seat or chair, these can be used from the first few months right through childhood. Some will include a safety harness but it's worth picking up a separate one if not.
Before you come to a final decision, make sure your highchair meets current safety standards. Here are a few other things to bear in mind to make sure the head of the table is safely seated:
- make sure to keep an eye on your little one whenever they’re in their highchair
- always use an approved safety harness with crotch, waist and shoulder straps. These can be purchased separately if not provided with your chair
- check your highchair is properly set up and stable every time you use it
- only use your highchair on an even, clean and toy-free floor
- make sure your highchair is located safely away from any potential hazards
- take care when getting your child in and out of the highchair and watch those fingers when attaching trays