while you're in labour
Having these things to hand can make labour that bit more comfortable. If anything's tucked away in a hidden pocket, make sure your birthing partner or midwife knows.
If this is your first baby, you might need to start with buying a hospital bag, you can browse mothercare's range of hospital bags here >>
after you've given birth
A few home comforts in your birth hospital bag mean all you need to do is get to know your beautiful new arrival.
- travel toiletries for a heavenly shower after birth
- two pairs of pyjamas with front-opening tops for easy feeding
- a bath towel
- nursing pads
- breast pads
- lanolin nipple cream
- maternity sanitary towels
- your mobile phone and charger
- comfy going-home clothes
To make things a little bit easier for you, you can find everything a mum needs here >>
what to bring for your newborn
And what about your tiny VIP? To ease their move from womb to world, here's what to pack for your baby's hospital bag.
- two or three sleepsuits and vests
- newborn nappies and nappy bags
- newborn-friendly baby wipes
- a baby blanket
- some going-home clothes. An all-in-one outfit, cardigan, hat, socks and booties will do for now
you can find everything you need for your baby here >>
what your birthing partner should bring
If you'll have some back-up, it's worth them packing a few things too.